- On November 10, 2020
EXCELLENT JOB OPPORTUNITY – looking for a qualified SPA MANAGER at the lavish Ocean Reef Club in Key Largo, a private club community in Key Largo, Florida featuring championship golf, world-class marina, private airport, fine dining, medical center and a world class luxury spa.
Contact: Jill Barron, Spa Director
An 8,000-square-foot Spa at Ocean Reef Club reflects all the beauty of its surroundings amidst 2,500 tropical acres in the Florida Keys. The Spa’s blends new and remodeled spaces and its offerings include 10 individual massage and treatment rooms, an experience shower, dry sauna, men’s and ladies’ steam rooms, relaxation lounge, retail boutique and a VIP couples suite.
The Spa Manager will be responsible for managing the spa team and the day-to-day operations of the spa, salon, and facilities. This position has a strong focus on: member/guest satisfaction, enhancing the member/guest experience, achieving the goals set forth by the operative budget, and contributing to the development of spa and salon associates.
SPA MANAGER JOB DESCRIPTION
Reports to: Spa Director
The Spa Manager is responsible for managing the spa team and the day-to-day operations of the spa, salon, and facilities. This position has a strong focus on: member/guest satisfaction, enhancing the member/guest experience, achieving the goals set forth by the operative budget, and contributing to the development of spa and salon associates.
Duties and Responsibilities:
In addition to the following duties and responsibilities, other duties may be assigned:
- Manages and supervises the performance of entire spa team, including, but not limited to: attendance, appearance, conduct, productivity, efficiency, and accuracy.
- Ensures all spa/salon policies and procedures are followed and maintained to the highest standard.
- Records and manages time off requests, and reviews schedules before posting to ensure these are accurately reflected.
- Manages human resource related requirements pertaining to recruitment, forms, training, communication, or other.
- Ensures associates understand what is expected of them, and that they are productive and utilized efficiently, assigning them additional duties as needed.
- Communicates goals, objectives, policies, procedures and/or other pertinent information to spa team.
- Schedules and creates agendas for departmental meetings, records and submits attendance record.
- Ensures pertinent information is shared through the appropriate channels such as daily lineup, emails, bulletin board, or other.
- Documents and reports observed or known incidents, safety hazards, conditions, unsafe procedures, or other occurrences involving associates, members, or guests immediately to the appropriate persons.
- Knows safety procedures and acts as guide for members, guests and associates in the event of emergency.
- Coaches, counsels, guides, and conducts performance reviews for spa associates.
- Maintains a positive attitude and contributes toward a quality, respectful, team oriented work environment.
- Works with spa team to develop incentives and strives to improve service performance.
- Utilizes an “open door” policy and maintains collaborative relationships with associates to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
- Works to immediately resolve member/guest requests, complaints or concerns to ensure a satisfactory experience.
- Knowledgeable on all spa and salon services, prices and policies and procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring a smooth flow of daily operations and a satisfactory member/guest experience at all times.
- Schedules services for groups, weddings, private parties, and other special events.
- Handles all billing issues/disputes, or other financial inquiries as it relates to billing.
- Reviews member/guest surveys and responds accordingly.
- Works with Conference and Group Sales to implement marketing strategies, and acts as a group liaison for the Spa.
- Sources contract workers as needed to meet demand.
- Assists with coordination of special events, packages, site visits, groups, or other.
- Remains visible in Front of the House areas, supporting associate, member, and guest needs.
- Monitors and consistently walks through all public areas, treatment rooms, and spa/salon facilities to ensure well maintained, fully stocked, clean, and functioning properly.
- Creates, tracks, and follows up on work orders for engineering, housekeeping, or other if facilities or equipment needs attention.
- Maintain an up to date version of the Spa Policies and Procedures manual and ensure compliance.
- Is available and able to assist in all aspects of the Spa including front desk, locker rooms, and/or other areas of operation as needed based on business needs.
- Represents the Spa at meetings, including, but not limited to: pre-cons, resume meetings, retail meetings, conference reviews, safety meetings, and department head meetings.
- Maintains an efficient system of communication between the Spa and other departments.
- Creates requisitions for supplies and purchase orders, keeping accurate, detailed records on items received, backordered, or delayed, following up with purchasing departments, accounting and vendors as needed.
- Participates and attends all meetings and training sessions as requested/required.
- Helps coordinate, conduct and complete inventory counts for linen, retail, backbar or other.
- Updates software service codes, prices, and commissions as needed.
- Keeps Spa Director informed of all member/guest, associate, and facility issues.
- Participates in property MOD Program.
- Assists with other administrative duties in any and all areas of spa, salon, or club operations as requested.
- Performs other tasks or projects as assigned by Spa Director.
- Manages payroll and all payroll related issues and time clock entries/edits.
- Reconciles all house account charges and submits on time.
- Submits monthly expense reports, check requests, and backup financial reports for accounting/finance as needed.
- Understands the impact of department’s operations on overall financial goals and objectives and managing to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
- Reconciles trunk show, contractor, or special event sales with contractors/vendors and accounting.
- Review financial reports and utilize to implement opportunities for managing operational costs and boosting bottom line.
- Maintain and update necessary signage and digital displays.
- Develop front desk procedures, coordinator scripts and verbiage for various services or sales opportunities.
- Create promotions to increase retail and service sales.
- Ensure spa retail area is staged for maximum buyer impact.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Attention to detail with ability to manage competing priorities in a fast paced environment
- Extremely organized and efficient with time management
- Motivated and self-starter with ability to motivate and inspire a talented, diverse team
- Ability to work independently and efficiently
- Strong customer/guest service skills
- Required to maintain a physical presence within the Spa and public areas to perform assigned duties.
- Knowledgeable on spa and salon services, treatments and products.
- Must have thorough knowledge of federal, state, and local laws pertaining to spa & salon
- Minimum of 2-3 years leadership experience in hospitality and spa and salon environment
- Proficient with spa software, computers and technology
- Ability to be efficient and productive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to lead a team effectively and efficiently
- Knowledgeable and able to work in excel, word, outlook, power point
- Must have enthusiasm and possess excellent customer service skills
- Must be able to adapt plans quickly and effectively with last minute changes
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule that may require some evenings and must be available on holidays and weekends.
- This position requires daily standing, walking, lifting, grasping, wiping, bending, stooping, pulling, folding kneeling, and at times sitting for long periods of time. Substantial repetitive movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Must be able to lift at least 25 pounds and occasionally very heavy lifting up to 50 pounds. Must have the ability to lift, carry, push, and/or pull moderate to heavy amounts of weight and to operate assigned equipment.
- Occasionally work in off-site locations other than the Spa.
- Must be honest, reliable and able to handle confidential information.
- Performs other duties as assigned which may include the use of Personal Protection Equipment (PPE).
*Note* All duties and requirements stated are essential job functions. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the staff occupying this position. Staff members may be required to perform other job-related duties by their supervisor.
Contact: Jill Barron – Jbarron@oceanreef.com P:305-367-6606 C:678-779-2855