- On September 18, 2018
“These wraps manage to strike a delicate balance between sweet and salty, crunchy and tender, rich and refreshing,”
- 1/2 cup unsalted cashews
- 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 Tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound ground chicken breast
- 2 scallions, white and light-green parts, chopped
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped fresh basil leaves
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spread the cashews on a baking sheet and toast until golden and fragrant, about 10 minutes. Let cool slightly, then chop the cashews and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the broth, hoisin, soy sauce, sugar, and cornstarch.
- In a 12-inch nonstick skillet set over medium-high heat, heat the oil. Add the garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the chicken and cook, breaking up the meat with a spatula, until browned, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Add the scallions and the hoisin sauce mixture and cook, stirring frequently, until the sauce thickens slightly, about 2 minutes. Stir in the basil and cashews.
- To serve, divide the lettuce leaves among 4 plates and spoon the chicken mixture into each of the leaves.
Recipe by Well+Good