- On May 15, 2019
Tuna Teriyaki Kabobs
- 1-1/2 pounds tuna steaks, cut into 1-1/2-in. chunks
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, cut into 1-in. pieces
- 1 large sweet onion, cut into 1-in. pieces
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 package (5 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, cut into 1-in. pieces
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Thread tuna chunks onto 4 metal or soaked wooden skewers. Thread pepper and onion pieces onto 4 more skewers. Place skewers in a 13×9-in. baking dish.
- Whisk together marinade ingredients. Reserve half of mixture for salad dressing. Pour remaining marinade over skewers; refrigerate, covered, 30 minutes.
- Grill kabobs, covered, on a greased grill rack over medium heat, turning occasionally, until tuna is slightly pink in center for medium-rare (2-3 minutes per side) and vegetables are crisp-tender (10-12 minutes). Remove tuna kabobs from direct heat and keep warm while vegetables finish grilling.
Total Time Prep: 25 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min.
Makes 8 kabobs
For salad, toss spinach, yellow pepper and cherry tomatoes with reserved dressing. For each portion, serve a tuna kabob and vegetable kabob over salad.