- On March 10, 2020
Tofu Buddha Bowl
14 oz. extra firm tofu
2 Tbsp. sesame oil
1/4 cup soy sauce
3 Tbsp. molasses
2 Tbsp. lime juice
1 Tbsp. Srirac
1 lb. fresh broccoli florets only
3 medium carrots peeled and thinly sliced
1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
8 oz. fresh spinach sautéed with olive oil and garlic
2 cups cooked quinoa or brown rice
- Wrap tofu in several paper towels and set a plate on top to press out excess liquid. Once dry, unwrap tofu and cut into very small cubes (about 100 pieces).
- Add sesame oil, soy sauce, molasses, lime juice, and Sriracha to a large bowl and whisk until incorporated.
- Add tofu to the sauce and let marinate for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. While tofu is marinating, prep veggies.
- Coat air fryer with your choice of oil. Remove tofu from bowl and add to air fryer basket, leaving all marinade in bowl. Cook tofu at 370 degrees F for 15 minutes, shaking basket every 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add broccoli, carrots, and bell pepper to bowl with marinade and mix well every few minutes.
- Also, while tofu is cooking, cook spinach on the stovetop, just until wilted, making sure not to overcook.
- Once tofu is done, remove from air fryer and set aside. Then add vegetables to air fryer basket, again leaving marinade in bowl. Cook vegetables for 10 minutes, giving the basket a good shake every few minutes.
- In a large serving bowl – begin to build your Buddha Bowl. First add cooked quinoa (or rice), then spread the cooked veggies evenly. Next add the cooked spinach, and finally the tofu. Pour over remaining marinade and garnish with sesame seeds. Enjoy!