- On July 9, 2019
BBQ Salad with Balsamic and Soy Dressing
A fantastic BBQ salad that utilizes Grape Tomatoes, Campari Tomatoes, Adagio® Baby Eggplants and Living Butter Lettuce.
- 20 Concerto® Grape Tomatoes
- 8 small white mushrooms
- 4 asparagus spears, hard ends removed
- 2 Campari Tomatoes, cores removed
- 2 slices from large onion, ¾ inch wide
- ½ medium zucchini, wedged lengthwise
- ½ Adagio® Eggplant, wedged lengthwise
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 Delicato® Living Butter Lettuce leaves
- salt & pepper
- 10 pieces pecans or walnuts, chopped
Balsamic & Soy Dressing
- 1/8 large onion, finely diced
- ¼ cup Japanese soy sauce
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp curly parsley, finely chopped
- Toss tomatoes, mushrooms, asparagus, onion, zucchini and eggplant in a bowl with olive oil. Lightly season with salt & pepper.
- Heat grill on medium high, grill salad until tender crisp (2-4 min per side). Concerto® Grape Tomatoes will cook quicker, about 1 min. Set aside.
- Lay butter lettuce leaves on plate.
- Cut each zucchini wedge into 4 pieces.
- Half & quarter onion slices.
- Cut asparagus spears into 2-3 pieces.
- Arrange zucchini, onion, asparagus, grape tomatoes & mushrooms onto lettuce.
- Cut Campari Tomatoes into wedges, arrange in center.
- Combine dressing ingredients and whisk.
- Spoon dressing over salad, garnish with chopped nuts.
Recipe Created By
Owner, Chef of Tojo’s Restaurant, Vancouver BC