- On January 11, 2021
Chicken Parm Stuffed Peppers
A new favorite way to eat chicken Parm!
3 c. shredded mozzarella, divided
1/2 c. freshly grated Parmesan, plus more for serving
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 c. marinara
1 tbsp. freshly chopped parsley, plus more for garnish
Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
Freshly ground black pepper
12 oz. fresh or frozen breaded chicken, cooked according to package instructions and diced
4 bell peppers, halved and seeds removed
1/2 c. Chicken Broth
- Preheat oven to 400º. In a large bowl, combine 2 cups mozzarella, Parmesan, garlic, marinara, parsley, and red pepper flakes and season with salt and pepper. Stir until combined, then gently fold in chicken.
- Spoon mixture into halved bell peppers and sprinkle with remaining 1 cup mozzarella.
- Pour chicken broth into baking dish (to help the peppers steam) and cover with foil.
- Bake until peppers are tender, 55 minutes to 1 hour. Uncover and broil 2 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley and more Parmesan before serving.
Yields: 4 servings
Prep Time: 0 hours 10 mins
Cook Time: 1 hour 0 mins
Total Time: 1 hour 15 mins
By Lindsay Funston – Delish.com healthy dish