- On August 16, 2018
Fluffy Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Pancakes
They’re sweetened and bound with just a touch of applesauce and come together with just one easy step—a quick whizz in the blender—making them the perfect carefree weekend breakfast
- ½ cup gluten-free oat flour (or whizz rolled oats in a blender to make flour)
- ¾ cup buckwheat flour
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- ½ cup dairy-free milk
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- To serve: sliced bananas, fresh berries, chia jam, coconut yogurt, maple syrup
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and purée until smooth.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and, when hot, pour ⅔ cup of pancake batter into the center of the pan. Spread it into a circle with the back of a spoon, keeping it reasonably thick. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Slide a spatula underneath the pancake, flip it over, and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes before removing it from the pan. Put the pancake on a warm plate and cover with a dish cloth. Repeat until you have used up all the batter.
- Serve with banana slices, berries, jam, coconut yogurt, and a drizzle of maple syrup.
By Camilla Fayed for