- On June 4, 2016
A bit about Kimberly…
Kimberly DeOrsey is the new Director for Spa at the Henderson Beach Resort in Destin, Florida, a Salamander Property. She was previously the Spa & Wellness Manager for Ibis Golf & Country Club and is a Global Wellness Ambassador.
Kimberly ’s spa career began in 1992, when she assisted with the opening of one of the premier resort spas in the country, PGA National Resort & Spa in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida.
Her award-winning accomplishments and reputation for excellence led her to her most recent role as Spa & Wellness Manager at The Club at Ibis –The Core, having opened their $33M capital improvement project. The Club at Ibis is an exclusive country club community with 33 distinctly different neighborhoods and 54 holes of golf on three renowned Nicklaus-family golf courses.
- Kimberly was tapped as on-air expert for a series of twenty Wellness Exchange Segments in seven months with the local NBC Today Show highlighting The Club at Ibis Brand.
- She was nominated by her peers in 2014 and 2015 for Manager of the Quarter and the 2014 and Manager of the Year.
- She developed a BODYMINDCONNECTION program for the community to include: ANGIOSCREENING, CPR Classes, retreats, and a Wellness Lecture Series with local Hospital and Doctors in the community.
Prior to joining Ibis, Kimberly opened the newly renovated Spa at The Omphoy Ocean Resort & Spa, which garnered Conde Nast Traveler Readers Poll’s highest honor, #1 Resort Spa in the United States. In addition to all the accolades from her clients and hotel guests, Kim’s achievements have been recognized by her team members and peers through numerous Leader of the Quarter nominations, resulting in her award as a Leader of the Quarter for both 2012 and 2013.
Other prior career accomplishments include spa leadership positions at prestigious resort and spas across the country:
- Boca Raton Resort and Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort (Boca Raton, Florida)
- The Spa At The Atlantic Hotel (Ft. Lauderdale, Florida)
- The Spa at The Tesoro Club (Port St. Lucie, Florida)
- The Spa at The International Polo Club (Wellington, Florida)
- The Spa at Mar-A-Lago Club (Palm Beach, Florida)
- The St. Regis Monarch Beach Resort & Spa (Dana Point, California)
- Westin Diplomat Country Club & Spa (Hollywood, Florida)
- Nemacolin Woodlands Resort & Spa (Farmington, Pennsylvania)
Kimberly is a highly sought after and respected Spa Director because of her intuitive leadership skills, business acumen, and award-winning spa and wellness experience. She is admired for her commitment to integrating cutting-edge holistic treatments into the spa environment and always putting the guests first…all with an unrelenting commitment to profitability.
In addition to her hands-on leadership, Kimberly has served on the Starwood North American Spa Council and provided Spa Advisory Task Force guidance for several luxury hotel companies.
She has been a member of ISPA (International Spa Association) for 18 years, as well as the FSA (Florida Spa Association) and CSFA (Club Spa Fitness Association) professional organizations.