- On February 13, 2019
The City of Miami Beach requires a Business Tax Receipt for ALL therapists – massage, esthetician, and nails.
The County (Miami-Dade) requires this ONLY for massage therapists.
- All therapists (regulars and coverage) that work in the exhale south beach location need to have this BTR to be able to work here.
- BTR’s are specific to a particular spa
- The instructions for how to obtain these BTR’s are outlined here below. BTR’s are issued for a 1 year period beginning Oct 1st and ending Sept 30th of every year. The late fee starts at 10% after Sept 30th and then increases with more time past the due date.
City of Miami Beach:
- ALL therapists
- $45 application fee, + around $65 license fee
- You will need your tax ID# and therapist license #
- Can request in person at their office (fastest method) or online
- In person:
- 1755 Meridian Ave, Suite 100
- 8:30am-6pm M-F
- Bring your therapist license and ID
- Have to create an online account first through the first option “Create a New CAP Account”. This takes 24-48 hours to be approved
- Once your online account is approved and created you can apply for the BTR through the same link but now click on the “Apply for a Business Tax Receipt” option
- Massage therapists ONLY
- $60-$100 depending on location of the spa
- Click on “Apply Online or Request Changes”
- Tax ID = social security number
- business name = therapist name c/o exhale spa
- Full instructions are detailed on the webpage and copied here below: