- On October 25, 2018
Making Rightful Choices! Is it a Trick or a Treat?
Happy Halloween…. We all look forward to that one day we get to dress up, work our imagination, watch those little ghosts and goblins take to the streets, scaring one another silly and ritualize trick or treating. We celebrate Halloween in fun and tradition, but when it comes to everyday life, using the idiom “Trick or Treat”……are we making the right choices? Will it be a Treat (satisfaction/fulfillment) or Trick (problem/predicament)?
We all meet head-on by numerous choices each day. Some of our choices have minimal consequences, like whether to have pasta or a salad for dinner, while other decisions can be life changing. While some of these choices may impact our lives today, other choices may not affect us for many years on end. The important facts to remember is that we are a product of the decisions that we make. Every choice helps to define who we are, how we differ from one another and how it impacts our life.
Making the right choice starts by taking charge of our decision-making process. It involves learning to manage significant issues in our day-to-day life:
- Spending time on trivial stuff cuts into our time to consider and contemplate issues that really matter.
- Learning from our experience and the experience of others helps to identify situations with similar findings from past occurrences.
- Sticking to core values, good judgment and integrity. The alternative usually results in remorse.
- Look for input and guidance when unpredictable decisions are outside our comfort zone.
- Since we don’t always have all the necessary information to make the ideal choice; don’t procrastinate to make the perfect decision. Do the best you can with what you have.
- Listen to your inner voice, your intuition is usually right.
- Don’t look back or second guess yourself. The past is gone and dwelling on it is a waste of valuable energy and time.
Life is not about trying to outdo or impress others. Life is about self contentment and being tuned-in to where you are now and where you would like to go. It’s about being content and happy, having good values and how you impact the people around you. This starts with the choices you make. Happiness is an essential part of well-being. Be pleased with the path you choose for yourself. It’s your choice!!
“Life is a matter of choices, and every choice you make makes you” – John C. Maxwell
Enjoy a Safe and Happy Halloween!!