Green Goddess Salad
A flavorful, delicious green goddess (that’s vegan!) to show off your chopping skills. Added bonus: The creamy, bright dressing will quickly become your new favorite recipe.
Ingredients for Green Goddess Salad
For the salad
- 1 small head green cabbage
- 3-4 baby cucumbers (or 1 large cucumber)
- 1/4 cup chives
- 1 bunch green onions or scallions
For the dressing
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 small shallot
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup nuts of your choice (I used raw, unsalted cashews and walnuts)
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- Any extra chives you have on hand (optional)
How to Make the Green Goddess Salad
- Wash and chop all of the salad ingredients with a sharp knife as small as you would like (I recommend confetti-sized). Place in a large bowl.
- Add all of the liquid salad dressing ingredients to a blender (olive oil, lemon juice, rice vinegar). Add the rest of the dressing ingredients to the same blender.
- Blend until your dressing is a thick, pourable consistency.
- Pour the dressing over salad ingredients.
- Mix well and enjoy!
By: Baked By Melissa