Creamy Cucumber Salad Recipe
A light, bright and refreshing version of old-fashioned cucumber salad that’s perfect for parties.
- 2 long English cucumbers peels left on, thinly sliced (if using regular cucumbers, peel first)
- 1 bunch radishes thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt divided, plus additional to taste
- 3/4 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 clove garlic minced (about 1 teaspoon)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill
- 3 tablespoons chopped chives
- In a medium bowl, place the cucumbers and radishes. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt and stir to combine. Cover and let sit 30 minutes. This step is crucial to ensure your salad does not become watery.
- Pour the cucumbers and radishes into a colander and stir, draining out as much of the water as you can. Transfer to a dry bowl.
- In a separate bowl or large measuring cup, whisk together the Greek yogurt, vinegar, honey, garlic, pepper, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Pour half of the dressing over the cucumbers and radishes and stir to combine. Continue adding additional dressing until you reach your desired creaminess. You want the vegetables to be well coated but not soggy.
- Stir in the dill and chives. Taste and season with additional salt and/or pepper as desired. Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
- This salad can be prepared up to 1 day in advance. Store the radishes and cucumbers separately from the dressing, then combine just before serving.
- For an extra super creamy salad, swap 3 tablespoons of theGreek yogurt for olive oil-based mayo.
Servings: 5 cups (serves 6) Prep: 25 minutes; Total: 1 hour 55 minutes
Serving: 1(of 6), generous 3/4 cup
By: Well Plated Erin Clarke