Chili salmon noodle salad with lime and herbs
This simple, tasty salad pairs salmon and avocado on a bed of rice noodles.
- 500g skinless salmon fillet, pin-boned
- 1-2 tbs sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tbs sunflower oil
- 200g bean thread or rice vermicelli
- 1/2 punnet cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 avocado, roughly chopped
- 1 small red chilli, deseeded, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup each mint, coriander & Thai or regular basil leaves
- 2 tbs salted peanuts, roughly chopped
- 2 tbs lime juice, plus lime wedges to serve
- 2 tbs each fish sauce & sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 1. Coat the salmon fillet in the sweet chilli sauce. Heat the oil in a frypan over medium-high heat. Sear the salmon for 2-3 minutes each side, leaving it a little pink in the middle. Place the salmon on a plate, cover loosely with foil and leave to rest for while you make the salad.
- 2. Prepare the noodles according to packet instructions, then drain and set aside. Meanwhile, whisk all the dressing ingredients together in a large bowl until the sugar dissolves.
- 3. Add the cherry tomato, avocado and sliced red chilli to the dressing bowl and toss gently to combine, then add the noodles and herbs and gently toss to combine again.
How to prepare avocado
4. Divide the noodle salad among 4 plates or shallow bowls. Break up the salmon into chunks with your fingers and gently tuck into the salad. Scatter with the chopped peanuts and serve the salad with lime wedges to squeeze.