- On October 30, 2014
There are many different habits that wellness professionals have learned and utilized during their journey to success. Below are just a few habits that we feel have helped us the most to not only become successful in the spa industry but also in our day to day lives.
1. Set goals: Every action should be taken with an end goal in mind. Otherwise you end up wandering about with no real direction. Setting obtainable goals is important for all spa professionals whose larger goal is to advance their career or grow their business. Whether you want to open a new spa or land your dream job, start by writing down your main objective followed by a list of short term goals that need to be met prior to reaching that long term goal.
2. Make something happen: One of the biggest mistakes spa professionals make at the beginning of their journey to success is assuming something big will happen without putting forth the necessary effort. However, whether big or small, all success in life requires a lot of work from the individual. You’ll be surprised to find out that even the smallest victories can quickly add up to a more successful career or business goal. So, where do you start? Make sure every day you start with some proactive planning. Proactive planning leads to higher productivity which means less time to reach both your short term and long term goals. Below are some questions to consider when you are proactive planning.
Wellness Professionals: Advancing your Career
- What can I do today that will help me be better tomorrow?
- How can I get a head start on my fellow up-and-coming professionals
- What knowledge do I still need to obtain in order to be successful?
- How do I obtain this information?
- What new services can I master to help give me an edge in the industry?
Wellness Professionals: Growing your Business
- How much revenue will we produce if we just do what is scheduled for the day?
- What additional services can we recommend to our clients to raise that number today?
- What new and popular services are emerging into the market that we can utilize and become familiar with to give us a head start on our competitors?
- What services have a high demand that we do not currently offer?
3. Never Stop Learning: Similar to many industries, the spa market changes daily. It is important that spa professionals keep up on their homework, so to speak. Your brain is a big storage unit, so use it every day! Continued education is critical to success. In an age where yesterday’s information is often obsolete tomorrow, it is extremely important to keep ahead of the curve. So, whether it’s joining a spa association that gives you the opportunity to attend education events and test out new products, watching videos, viewing webinars or attending training sessions, make sure you never stop expanding your knowledge.
Call (954) 475-1246 today to learn more about spa professionals. Florida Spa Association is Florida’s most trusted spa industry resource.