5 Ways to Have the Best Day Ever
By Debra K, Television Host of Journey into Wellbeing, Author, Entrepreneur, and Natural Health Explorer Co-Chair, FSA Education Committee
Imagine waking up every day and it being fabulous. Sound far-fetched? Well, it doesn’t have to be. You can build up the resources within and create positive habits that help ensure happy days, each and every day. Here are some tips to get started having a fabulous day… starting today.
- Start your morning with some inspiration – As soon as you wake up grab an inspirational book you have handy and take a few moments to read a bit. Fill your mind with positive passages, quotes or something that makes you feel good.
- Be grateful – It won’t be long until that voice inside starts to tell you about all the things you have to do. As soon as you notice your thoughts heading into a negative direction find things in your life for which to be grateful. For example, “I am thankful I have a car that gets me everywhere I need to go so I can do what I need to do.”
- Create a Happy Tummy – What we put into our bodies impacts how we feel and affects our energy level. Make it easy to make good decisions by always having healthy choices close at hand. Start each day with a healthy breakfast of protein, fat and carbohydrates. My favorite is smashed banana, chia seed & a teaspoon of Brain Octane (pure coconut oil)
- Build your dream future – There’s a chance you are not doing what you love. While it might feel impossible to quit and jump whole-heartedly into your passion, you can spend a little time every day moving in that direction. Do one small thing daily that moves you towards your dreams and passion; one day you might be surprised to find yourself there.
- Help someone –Small gestures of kindness add up and help you feel happier throughout the day. Just smiling and offering an authentic compliment to someone improves your mood. Watch a person’s eyes when you help them out in some way, you’ll see the light you offered reflected and it will brighten your day.
Heck yeah!! It is possible to have a great day almost every day. Make the decision to do so and when life goes off kilter, as it always will, you will have the internal reserve of wellbeing to carry you through your days more easily.