- 10 slices French bread toasted or grilled on both sides
- 1/4 teaspoon olive oil (optional)
- 2 ounces’ goat cheese, softened
- 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons dried dill (or 2 to 3 teaspoons fresh dill)
- 1/2 cup fresh pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 to 1 seedless cucumber (or 1⁄2-1 any slender cucumber, cut into about forty 1/8-inch slices)
View One Step at a Time
Step 1 – Combine optional olive oil and softened goat or cream cheese. Spread evenly onto toast slices. (Option: You can mix the dill weed into the cheese mixture, but it looks prettier when sprinkled on top.)
Step 2 – Sprinkle toasts with pomegranate seeds and gently press them into the cheese on each slice of toast. Sprinkle with dill weed. Arrange approximately 4-6 slices of cucumber (depending on the size of your bread). Or as pictured option: Add pomegranate seeds after the cucumber (but be careful those carpet-staining seeds don’t escape).
Step 3 – Serve open-faced on a platter.