The sweet-and-savory combination of the figs and earthy goat cheese will surely satisfy the palate. If you can’t find dried figs, try swapping in dried apricots.
- 2 cups mixed salad greens
- 4 dried figs, stemmed and sliced
- 1-ounce fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- 1½ tablespoons slivered almonds, preferably toasted
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon honey
- Pinch of salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Prep 10 min
- Ready In 10 min
Combine greens, figs, goat cheese, and almonds in a medium bowl. Stir together oil, vinegar, honey, salt and pepper.
Just before serving, drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss.
To make ahead: Refrigerate salad and dressing separately for up to 24 hours.
By: Katie Webster – EatingWell Recipe Contributor Eating Well Magazine