Paleo Banana Pancakes
These banana pancakes are fluffy paleo diet dream. Almond milk and honey steal the show.
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 medium ripe bananas*
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup honey (optional)
- In a small bowl stir together flour, baking powder, and salt. In a medium bowl mash bananas with a potato masher until nearly smooth. Stir in eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla. Stir in flour mixture just until combined. If desired, fold in chocolate.
- Grease a griddle or heavy skillet with additional coconut oil; heat over medium heat. Pour batter onto hot griddle, using 2 Tbsp. for each pancake. If necessary, spread slightly. Cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until golden; turn over when edges are slightly dry. Grease griddle with additional coconut oil as needed.
- If desired, top warm pancakes with additional banana and drizzle with honey.
- Makes: 4 servings
- Serving Size: 3 small pancakes
- Makes: 12 small pancakes
- Prep: 20 mins
- Cook: 6 mins per batch
From the Test Kitchen
Choose bananas that have a few brown spots but are not overripe.
Weekly Recipe – Better Homes and Gardens WeeklyRecipe@mail.bhg.com