Layered Strawberry-Mango Margaritas
Ingredients 6 servings
- 3 cups frozen strawberries
- 3 cups ice, divided
- 1 cup tequila, divided
- ⅔ cup lime juice, divided
- ½ cup Triple Sec, divided
- ¼ cup simple syrup (see Tip), divided
- 3 cups frozen mango chunks
- Prep 20 min
- Ready In 20 min
- Place strawberries, 1½ cups ice, ½ cup tequila, ⅓ cup lime juice, ¼ cup Triple Sec and 2 tablespoons simple syrup in a blender. Puree until smooth. Transfer to a pitcher or bowl.
- Rinse out the blender jar. Place mango and the remaining 1½ cups ice, ½ cup tequila, ⅓ cup lime juice, ¼ cup Triple Sec and 2 tablespoons simple syrup in the blender. Puree until smooth.
- Decoratively layer the two margaritas in 6 glasses. Leave the layers distinct or partially stir together for a swirled design.
- Tip: To make your own simple syrup: Bring 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water to a boil in a medium saucepan, stirring frequently to dissolve the sugar. Let cool for 30 minutes and then refrigerate until cold, at least 1 hour. Makes about 1½ cups.